Ceramic Bottles & Jars

 

Dated Era Size Material Found
No 20th Century 113mm x 63mm Ceramic Kent
Information

 Base Marking 3

Pasture 1

 
Dated Era Size Material Found
No 20th Century  105mm x 81mm Ceramic Kent
Information

 No Markings

Pasture 1

Dated Era Size Material Found
No Post c.1870 63 x 39mm Ceramic Kent
Information

 CAMBERWELL TRA[DE] MARK

26/02/2016 Pasture 1

Dated Era Size Material Found
No c.1895-1930  52mm Diameter Ceramic Kent
Information

 LOVATT&LOVATT NOTTS LANGLEY MILL

28/07/2014 FK Dig

Dated Era Size Material Found
No 19-20th Century  62mm Diameter Ceramic Kent
Information

.

28/07/2014  FK Dig

Dated Era Size Material Found
No Post 1836  ??mm Diameter Ceramic Kent
Information

 'Ring and Brymer' Pottery Shard

MHF Club Dig 06/09/2015 Arable

The business was originally established by Mr Horton in the reign of George I (1714-1727). He was succeeded by Lucas Birch (d.1800) was a pastry-cook, confectioner and caterer, of 15 Cornhill, City of London. He was later joined by his son Samuel Birch and the business was known as Birch and Son in 1786. Samuel Birch (1757-1840) (also known as 'Mr Pattypan') served as Lord Mayor 1814-1815. He also sat on the Court of Common Council of the Corporation of London and was Alderman of the Ward of Candlewick. The firm was later known as Birch and Birch, and as Birch, Birch and Company. The business was responsible for catering at Lord Mayor's banquets and other ceremonial and civic events as well as services for livery companies, hospitals and other organisations in and around the City of London. Turtle soup was a particular speciality prepared and promoted by the company. In circa 1836 the business was acquired by Ring and Brymer who later moved to 39A Old Broad Street. The company was later incorporated as Ring and Brymer (Birchs) Limited. Ring and Brymer (Birchs) Limited had premises at 46 Sun Street in 1938, registered offices at 4 Angel Court in 1952-1955, and 17 Finsbury Avenue in 1964. The business was retained by Lord Forte when he acquired the company in 1962, and based at 30-32 Sun Street in 1974. Trusthouse Forte Group acquired Gardner Merchant and Gardner Merchant Leisure later sold City interests in the Ring and Brymer Division to events caterer Chester Boyd in 1999.


Dated Era Size Material Found
No 19-20th Century  49mm Diameter Ceramic Kent
Information

 Inkwell : (Donated)

28/07/2014 FK Dig

web element

Back

web element